"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Letter #9


See the bright spot above the others? That's the moon. 



Dear October,
        There are some days that don’t get better until night falls. I spent most of my day stressing out about different things, none of them very consequential. But now, sitting in the library, eavesdropping on the hushed conversations around me, and (the best part) actually making progress on an essay I have to write for Lit class, things are finally starting to look up. All day I couldn’t figure out what I wanted my letter for today to be about. Sometimes I just know, but today it didn’t become clear until I listened to the song of the day and watched the beautiful fan-made video that goes with it. Something about this song and the warm imagery accompanying it made me feel instantly better. It’s like when you trip and catch yourself at the last minute. Your heart is beating fast, but the ground no longer looks threatening and the world is stable again. Even though I know the path ahead could be full of craggy roots and broken sidewalks, I feel so much more confident about heading out into the dark. So October, "I dare you to close your eyes, and see all the colors in disguise." I welcome whatever you have in store with open arms.

Laura


Song of the day: "Yellow Light" by Of Monsters and Men

1 comment:

  1. "It’s like when you trip and catch yourself at the last minute. Your heart is beating fast, but the ground no longer looks threatening and the world is stable again."

    I love that.

    ReplyDelete