"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Letter #8




Dear October,
         Today passed by in a flash, as is the custom of the last day of any break. It was kind of a lame day, too, full of homework and not nearly as exciting as the one before it. I did however get to chat with one of my dearest friends on the phone, see a huge crescent moon that I want to believe is characteristic of Autumn, and got to observe the 500 middle schoolers that showed up at my school around lunch time today. My friends and I nicknamed them “the locusts,” which I suppose I should feel bad about since I was in middle school once, too. One upside: the cafeteria food was especially good because of all the visitors. This afternoon was the perfect day for lounging outside in the grass, but I mostly stayed inside because my laptop screen couldn’t compete with the sun. (I was writing an essay, so there was really no way of getting around it) Instead, I took this picture. Can you see the little people on blankets in the grass? Anyway, it’s late and I want to get up early tomorrow, unlike the past few days. I promise tomorrow's letter will be more exciting. Peace out.

Laura

Song of the day: "Penny Lane" by The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment