"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Thoughts: Books, Books, and More Books!


Here's what I've been thinking about, as of late:

Books I Want to Read
What I'm about to do is really just for my own peace of mind. Here is a list of all the books I want to read in the near future. This list is my last resort before I go totally crazy from keeping these titles in my head ALL THE TIME. I have to put them somewhere so I can think straight! (Oh, and as far as time goes....I have none! Looks like I'll be  taking my own advice about making time to read.)

Top Priority:
(These are the books that are just waiting for me to pick them up. Talk about guilt!)
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Just borrowed this from a friend! Excited to finally see what the hype is all about.)
  • The Irresistible Henry House by Lisa Grunwald
  • Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green
  • My Name is Memory by Anne Brashares
  • The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen
Medium Priority
(Books that I really want to read, but that require trips to the library, and time -that's a biggie)
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  • Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  • The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  • Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
  • A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
  • The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell
  • Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
  • A Good American by Alex George
  • What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
  • Wild Roses by Deb Caletti
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
In Limbo
(These are books that will probably be read simultaneously with other books, or in little pieces when I have a spare moment)
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  • Collected Stories by Flannery O'Connor
  • Collected Stories by Alice Munro
  • The Ballad of the Sad Cafe and Other Stories by Carson McCullers
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jumpa Lahiri

Well, there you have it. I will be keeping you posted on my progress and hopefully doing reviews of most of these. What books are you dying to get your hands on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment