"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Monday, October 5, 2015

Letter to October #5

Dear October,
       Here are some thoughts I've had today:

1. Red velvet cake and cream cheese icing is always a good idea
2. How come I always have more homework than I think I do? Is there a psychological reason for that?
3. Some songs make me feel full to bursting and some make me feel this strange, hollow ache for faraway places. I think there's value in both feelings.
4. Does every plant have a specific smell, or just things like grass and pine trees?

That's all I've got for you today, October. (No photo because I forgot! Sorry!)

Laura 

Song of the day: Honey Jars by Bryan John Appleby

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a busy day - please check your texts from me.

    ReplyDelete