"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Monday, November 11, 2013

Right Now & Someday Soon


Things that have made me happy recently:
Snow (hint: It snowed today!).
Discovering the band Kodaline (their new album is absolute perfection). 
Planning crazy amazing travel adventures with my friends that may or may not happen ever. 
Learning French songs on the piano. 
Centering the type of this blog post, just because.
Drinking chai tea lattes, obviously. 
Eating pancakes with the people I first met when I visited Coe.
Writing birthday cards and mailing them.
Planning my reading itinerary weeks in advance (i.e. "This is the book I'm going to read over Christmas break!").
That moment when you finally finish a paper.
Successful writing center conferences.
Getting text messages from people I haven't talked to in a while.


Things I'm looking forward to:
Seeing my family and my dog and my friends (in two weeks!).
Walking into my new house for the first time.
Doing stereotypically holiday-ish things.
Having more time to read.
Deciding what book to read on the plane ride home (because I take strange pleasure from that ritual).
Somehow getting my hands on Bellman and Black, the new Diane Setterfield novel.
Having 50,000 words written at the end of November (It's happening folks, somehow, it's happening).
Study abroad in London & Florence (long term excitement for that one).
Baking cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment