I had so many posts planned for today. I wanted to finally give you a recap of my trip to New York. I wanted to write a response to Stephanie Morrill's post about wether or not teen writers should have a blog. I wanted to review the amazing and perplexing book The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards by Kristopher Jansma. But as I was staring at my newly re-arranged bookshelves, and at the stacks of books still littering my floor, I realized that there was only one post I could write today, and it's largely for myself. I hope you find it mildly interesting, and I promise to have at least one of the aforementioned posts up by the end of the week. Here, without further ado, is the list of books I want to read this summer.*
1. When a Crocodile Eats the Sun by Peter Godwin (required summer reading)
2. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
3. Ready, Okay! by Adam Cadre
4. You Are One of Them by Elliot Holt
5. The Disappointment Artist by Jonathan Lethem (started)
6. A Good Man is Hard to Find and Other Stories by Flannery O'Connor
7. Seabuiscut by Laura Hillenbrand
8. Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall by Kazuo Ishiguro
10. The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont
11. Birds of a Lesser Paradise by Megan Mayhew Bergman
* It is completely possible that I will not finish all of these before mid-august, but I'm going to try!
What books are you reading this summer? No, really. I'd like to know.
Also, side note: How freaking awesome is it that I actually have time to read anything? I love summer.