"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Reading

I had so many posts planned for today. I wanted to finally give you a recap of my trip to New York. I wanted to write a response to Stephanie Morrill's post about wether or not teen writers should have a blog. I wanted to review the amazing and perplexing book The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards by Kristopher Jansma. But as I was staring at my newly re-arranged bookshelves, and at the stacks of books still littering my floor, I realized that there was only one post I could write today, and it's largely  for myself. I hope you find it mildly interesting, and I promise to have at least one of the aforementioned posts up by the end of the week. Here, without further ado, is the list of books I want to read this summer.*

1. When a Crocodile Eats the Sun by Peter Godwin (required summer reading)
2. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
3. Ready, Okay! by Adam Cadre
4. You Are One of Them by Elliot Holt
5. The Disappointment Artist by Jonathan Lethem (started)
6. A Good Man is Hard to Find and Other Stories by Flannery O'Connor
7. Seabuiscut by Laura Hillenbrand
8. Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall by Kazuo Ishiguro
10. The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont
11. Birds of a Lesser Paradise by Megan Mayhew Bergman

* It is completely possible that I will not finish all of these before mid-august, but I'm going to try! 

What books are you reading this summer? No, really. I'd like to know. 

Also, side note: How freaking awesome is it that I actually have time to read anything? I love summer. 



1 comment:

  1. Currently Reading:
    Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
    Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
    Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (thanks laura!)
    Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
    The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell (thanks again! lol)

    Really Want to Read!:
    Ready, Ok by Adam Cadre (:D)
    Shannon Hale's newest book which has been mysteriously evading my google searches
    Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

    ReplyDelete