"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Monday, March 4, 2013

Self Image 2013 + New Year's Resolution Check In

First of all, can you believe it's already March? What about all the inspirational New Year's posts I was going to write? Well, I thought since we're embarking on the first I mean third month of the new year I'd give you a little 2013 update to hopefully inspire you to refresh your new year spirit.

Let's start with my self image 2013, inspired by this Youtube video.


Laura Mills, 18. Writer. Reader. Daughter. Dog lover.

I still don't know where I'm going to college, but I'm hoping that will change soon.

I'm currently a little too addicted to Youtube. Part of me wants to join their realm and become a video blogger and the other part of me wants to run away and hide at the thought.

I have the most supportive family, friends, and teachers in the entire world. I am grateful for them every. single. day.

I'm a sometimes traveler and an always observer. A book-binder and a lover of old things.

My favorite poem at the moment is "Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver. My favorite book is and always will be The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.

I'm a twitter newbie, a blogger veteran, and a tumblrer never.

Hopefully, this will be the year I write a novel.

I'm Laura, and it's 2013.


Next, I'm going to take a look at my New Year's Resolutions:
















1. Write a Novel: This summer, it's happening. THIS. SUMMER.
2. Take a walk every morning: Hahaha! Yeah, that hasn't happened.
3. Read 30 books: Four down, twenty-six to go!
4. Spend more time with friends: Went to a concert with friend #1 on Friday, hung out at the Waffle Bus with friend #2 on Saturday, and going to a concert with friend #3 on Wednesday. (Note: Numbers do not correspond to "friendship status" or anything, just the order they happen to fall in the schedule of events!)
5. Post a new blog post every Sunday (morning): Haven't really been sticking to this schedule, but I am posting fairly regularly, which is good enough for me!

Well, there you have it. Thank you to those who commented on my last post! Your feedback/thoughts really mean a lot to me! In the comments below I'd love to hear your self image in 2013 and/or how your New Year's Resolutions are holding up.

ps. Spring break is almost upon us! My family and I are taking a three day trip to New Orleans, and I plan to write at least one blog post while I'm there. Stay tuned for pictures and stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment