"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." -Vladimir Nobokov

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introductions

Hi. This is me. In leu of a more formal introduction, here are ten things I know to be true:


1. I'm a teenager, but not an angsty one. On the contrary I'm quite a happy person.
2. I love reading, and writing. I'll read anything and write about whatever new idea most interests me at the moment. (This is also the reason I have trouble finishing most works in progress.)
3. I play the piano, and can be minorly obsessive about it at times, especially movie themes. I love to play movie themes.
4. I have an unexplainable phobia of taking medicine. First it was the icky liquid stuff and even today I still have to get into a certain mindset before getting up the courage to swallow a pill. 
5. I don't watch very much programmed TV, but I've been subjected to countless movies. (My family is a big fan of Netflix)
6. Summer is the best time of year. No exceptions.
7. I am the proud owner of a 1930's typewriter (a Remette), which was a fifth grade graduation present and, I have found, an instant crowd pleaser.
8.  Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate? Most definitely Dark.
9. I'm running out of things to say. Maybe I'll sneak in a reference to Because of Winn-Dixie and leave this list at nine.


So yeah. Now you know more about me. As far as this blog is concerned, it's mostly going to be about writing and books and possibly a few random music posts. It is also about conquering the ever present blank page, and freeing yourself with words. Because isn't that what writing's all about?


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment